Sunday, June 22, 2008

It's been a couple weeks since I've posted anything. I don't have any "good" excuses except that we have been super busy! Caleb has already been here 3 weeks! I just can't believe how fast time flies! AND I've been done with school for 2 weeks! How crazy! We've had lots of fun together and have lots planned for the next month or so.

After Pop Pop left Caleb, Tyler and I spent the next week just kind of hanging around the house and playing outside. We have spent lots of time at the park and at the beach here on base. We have also made some very cool forts inside the house. Lots of blankets and chairs! The boys just LOVE this. They will literally play forever inside the thing! I remember making forts when I was little and I've had a chance to get in these and.....it is fun!!!

We had the boys' pictures taken at Sear's last weekend. We had a family one taken and then the boys were supposed to take some together and then separate ones. Well, as we got to the end and Tyler was supposed to take some by himself it didn't go so well. Lots of coaxing and we didn't end up getting any good ones of him by himself. The lady had to take a good one of the boys together and cut Caleb out to get a good one of Tyler by himself. He's just at the age where if he's not wanting to do something....he's just not going to do it! :) Overall the pictures turned out very nice!!

Last Sunday we brought out the slip and slide. Boy did they all have a good time. Tom even got out there and showed them how it was done. We have some funny pictures of that! I told Tom I wouldn't put those on here (I'd better keep that promise)!

Yesterday we went to the pool on base. It's a great pool. It has a baby pool with a huge sprinkler. Tyler loves the water but would really rather be in the big pool. They don't let toddlers who aren't yet potty trained into the big pool. It's too bad cuz he just loves to swim and kick around. The baby pool is only up to his knees (if that). Caleb loves the pool because it has a diving board and a slide. It's so much fun. I really like it because we don't come home full of sand like when we go to the beach.

Today we are just at home. Tyler is napping and Tom and Caleb are washing the cars. I hear them outside and I think Caleb is getting the neighbor with the hose! He's been waiting to do that since he got here! :)

I have been really trying the potty training thing with Tyler. Since we've spent most of the last couple weeks at home I thought this would be a good time to start. He seems to really know when he has to go potty because he'll most of the time go on his own. I've left him mostly without underwear when we're at home to let him get the hang of it. I do try and put diapers on him too sometimes so he knows that feeling too! He also knows when he has to poop but he then asks for a diaper or underwear. I hear that part takes awhile. Right?

Well, hope you all have nice week!!

The Brouses

1 comment:

THE HIGH LIFE FAMILY said...

WOW!! Sounds like everyone has been having fun. Good luck with the potty training. Tristan was trained within a week but we had also started when he was 2 1/2 or so and he was interested but then he had also lost interest when he broke his elbow so we left it alone. But after things had settled down with in a week of his breaking the elbow he kind of started to train on his own. We let him wear underwear during the day and then we would put a diaper or a pull up on over his underwear at naptime so he would get the feel of it. The poop thing he did all on his own. We didn't have anything to do with that one, some how he knew where and when to go. That was easy thank god! Wal-Mart has little urinals for the little ones. We bought Tristan one of those and he thought it was the best thing ever! We really liked it but he stopped using that about 6 months ago or so.
Tell everyone we said Hi!