Sunday, October 26, 2008

We're back!

We're back! So, I have a few weeks of things to update. Earlier this month we had some friends from visiting from Minnesota. The Lofbergs from Thief River Falls came over here with their two kids. They both graduated with Tom from high school. We had a great time together for about 10 days. It was a little rainy a few days for them but overall it was good I think.

While they were here we decided to visit a beach we've never gone to before. It's on the Waianae side of the island. That side of the island is more the poor side with lots of homeless people living on or near the beach. The beach we went to was military so you could only get access if you were military. It was nice. We rented a kayak for the day. I had never done that before so it was really fun. Tom thinks we should buy one now! I don't know about that! We drove back home and had supper at Ruby Tuesday.

Tom left for Georgia on the 19th. He had to go to a conference but while down there he was able to spend this weekend with Caleb. They had an awesome time. Tom will fly back here on Halloween day (I'm so glad he doesn't have to miss this year). Tyler is going to be a pirate. We had a hard time finding a costume that wasn't going to sweat him to death. After being home about 4 days, Tom then has to fly out to Japan for 2 more weeks. It's not fun being home alone but there are so many people who are missing their loved ones for being gone much longer! So we just have to make due! :)

Tyler and I have just been hanging out all weekend together. It's been fun. It's rained all weekend here which is very unusual. So, it's kind of like a fall day for us! I miss fall a lot!!

Well, hope all is well with everyone! We love and miss you!
The Brouses

This is a video of Tyler singing his ABC's! He's almost got it!



No comments: