Sunday, July 27, 2008

Back to work for Kari


This week I went back to work. I had a GLC (grade level chair) meeting on Tuesday morning and then my first "real" day back to work was Thursday. It felt good to get back to my classroom and get things reorganized. I met the 3 new teachers on my gradelevel. We have 6 2nd grade teachers in all, 3 of which are new to our school. Actually they are all first year teachers. They all seem nice and ready to dig in. Students start back on Wednesday so we still have Monday and Tuesday for getting ourselves ready.


On Saturday we went bowling here on base. The bowling alley here is nice. It has tons of lanes and it also serves food, drinks, etc. We have gone bowling every summer with Caleb. It was a good family night. After bowling we went our for supper at the sports bar/restaurant on base. We seem to always go there. It's close and the food is very good. Tyler likes to look for snails out in the grassy area. We always manage to come home with at least a few shells.


Today, Sunday, we haven't done much. We went grocery shopping this morning and now Tyler is napping while Tom and Caleb was the cars. I think when Tyler gets up we are going to go to the beach. We don't have many days left with Caleb here so we are trying to squeeze as much in as we can.


Tomorrow Tom an Caleb are going to Hawaiian Waters Adventure Park. Caleb has wanted to go all summer but we didn't get to do that until now. I have to work but those two will have fun. Caleb and Tom leave Tuesday night to take Caleb back to Georgia. Tom will stay over one night and then fly back.


We just sent out the invitations to Tyler's 2nd birthday party. We are having a pizza party at our house. I just can't believe that he'll be 2~ where has the time gone!!!


Well, not much new this week!! Hope you all had a relaxing weekend and may the week fly by for all of you!! :)


Love~The Brouses

No comments: